Thursday, July 22, 2010

Experiment 6 complete

After obtaining 2 different transistors, one a BC547 and the other a TIP32C, I was asked to identify the legs on each transistor and state whether it was a PNP or NPN type. Because i've already explained how to identify a NPN or PNP type and identify which legs the base, collector and emitter were I could do it in a minimum amount of time.

With my multimeter I tested the BC547 transistor and found out that it was a NPN type, and then tested TIP32C and found out it was a PNP Type. Now that i knew which type both transistors were i could then measure the voltage drop across their 3 pins and record the data on this sheet.




Here is a photo of me measuring the Vbc by using the Diode test function on my TIP32C PNP type transistor. My negative lead is on the left leg, which is the base on this PNP type transistor, and my positive lead is on the middle leg which is the collector pin.


Note that my positive lead is on the mounting tab of the transistor. This is because the top terminal is also connected to middle pin, or leg.

2 comments:

  1. Cannot see the photo.

    Should have used the TIP31C for the NPN type.

    Always write 0.698 V instead of .698 V.

    How do you differentiate between the emitter and the collector?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. IRFB4110 equivalent

    ReplyDelete